Library day...

Another day, another post...

Today is Thursday and I spent the day at the library. It is still raining heavily and some places are beginning to flood. I loved sitting in the library listening to the rain while I do my schoolwork. Here's what the view looked like. 



Loving this rain! Anyway... Here's my day: 


9 (ish) Maths 1 hour + 15 minutes times tables revision 8, 9, 12 (there will be a full times tables test next week - last week of term)

Morning Tea break

10:30 English - complete and tidy up / proofread bonus chapter. It will be marked over the weekend.

11:30 French - revise current words and begin to write the speech to present to the family.  It should ideally go for 3-4 minutes.

12pm Lunch and break

12:45 Science - NEW UNIT - Farming and Permaculture

Undertake a research study into traditional and contemporary farming / gardening methods. To begin with, do some general research. There will be more tasks to follow next week. 
Find information on the following questions:

How have commercial farming methods changed in Australia over the last 100+ years?
Will current methods sustain our population as it continues to grow?
What is “sustainable farming”? Can you find examples both in the sheep and cattle industry, as well as crops?
What is permaculture? What is “companion planting”?

1:30 Revision of Poem - speak aloud 2 or 3 times without looking (glance only if necessary)

Finished 


I put Indigo to bed last night because my mum had to pick my brother up from dance class. It was so cute. I settle her a couple of nights a week and I always love it because she is just adorable at bed time. I read heaps and heaps of books to her, bathed her and put her to bed. She insisted on taking one of my teddies to bed with her. 


A baby, a teddy and a book
QOTD is do you sleep with anything?? I have the teddy in the picture and a toy tiger I've had since I was four. 

Homeschool Girl xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

French and Vanuatu...

Science and Yoga...

Reading and Headband making...