Lots of French and a bit of Art...

Hey everyone, happy Tuesday! 

Today was a French kind of day. Looking at lots of language and culture things at the moment. I just found out today that next term I will be presenting a speech to my family members including my grandparents. I will also have to prepare a typical French meal and decorate as if it was a French restaurant. I am really looking forward to this but am a bit nervous because I have a lot to learn before then! Here's my day...


9am Maths 45 minutes ; times tables revision 4, 6, 12

10am Morning Tea and break

10:15 - French revision and new words for the week. Next term there will be a presentation with a French speech to some family members, so continue to add a few more phrases. Things such as “Thank you for coming” and “This is my home”, or “Let us eat” (these phrases may sound mysterious, but it will make sense once the next French unit is started)

11am - Art - next lesson in the program

12ish - Lunch and break

1pm - Do some research on French cuisine. What sort of foods are traditionally French? What do French people tend to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner? Use the book “French Women Don’t Get Fat” as there will be some info in there, as well as the internet. Keep the findings in OneNote.



1:30 - Continue working on the bonus chapter for 1 hour or until compete.


My art lesson today was really fun... It was based on Easter seeing as the holidays are coming up soon. I used oil pastels which was good because they are one of my favourite mediums to work with. I love seeing the bright colours blend together and for new ones. Here's the finished piece:


I'm also really loving working on my bonus chapter for Insurgent. In case you didn't read my recent post, I basically have to write an extra chapter that occurs after the book finishes. So finishing the story a different way. I am up to 1473 words and I am really enjoying creating a new ending. It's a bit like fan-fiction, I've never written any before but I have read quite a lot. I love the idea of creating new storylines and continuing on with already made characters. 

Anyway... QOTD is what is your favourite language?? I love French because the words just flow, it almost seems like music. 

Homeschool Girl xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

French and Vanuatu...

Science and Yoga...

Reading and Headband making...